This is a Dallas sports news feed from WFAA Channel 8 covering news from the Mavericks, Stars, Rangers, Legends, Wranglers, Cowboys and other local sports teams.
- China limits Olympic torch relay to only 3 dayson January 21, 2022 at 11:54 am
The scaled-down relay is a far cry from 2008, when Beijing sent the Olympic torch on a global journey ahead of its hosting of that year's Summer Games.
- Report: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott fined for comments about refs after playoff losson January 21, 2022 at 2:55 am
While the game itself was disappointing enough, it was Prescott's comments afterward that drew sharp criticism.
- Dallas Cowboys 2022 opponents set; trips to Green Bay, LA on the scheduleon January 20, 2022 at 9:11 pm
With the 2021 season in the books, the Dallas Cowboys already know who will be their opponents and where they will play in 2022.
- What we learned: Self-inflicted wounds ultimately doom Cowboys in 2021on January 20, 2022 at 9:00 pm
After a miserable 2020, the Dallas Cowboys looked like contenders in Mike McCarthy’s second season before familiar issues cropped up again in the playoffs.
- Texas Longhorns kicker Cameron Dicker declares for NFL Drafton January 20, 2022 at 4:36 am
Dicker concluded his career on the Forty Acres as the Longhorns' third all-time leading scorer, only behind Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson.
- NCAA adopts sport-by-sport transgender policyon January 20, 2022 at 4:25 am
The NCAA policy is effective immediately, beginning with the 2022 winter championships.
- Meet the Cowboys fan who went viral for her not-impressed look at Sunday's gameon January 19, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Renee Cummings was in her Ezekiel Elliott jersey in the stands as she was captured with a "not impressed" look. We feel ya, Renee.
- Troy Aikman says it is hard for Cowboys 'to keep an edge'on January 19, 2022 at 10:09 pm
Aikman has experienced the Dallas Cowboys from every angle, so he knows that it’s difficult to keep a competitive edge when you play with the star on your helmet.
- Ex-TCU coach Gary Patterson to join Texas Longhorns staff: Reporton January 19, 2022 at 9:26 pm
Patterson was recently seen at a Texas Longhorns men's basketball game, chatting with UT Athletic Director Chris Del Conte.
- The Dallas Stars come up short against Montrealon January 19, 2022 at 4:36 pm
The Stars lose a game they should have won. They've been outscored 15-5 during their 3 game losing streak.
- Hall of Famer Drew Pearson 'wavering' in support of Cowboys QB Dak Prescotton January 19, 2022 at 4:42 am
Hall of Fame wide receiver Drew Pearson has been a big believer in Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott but he would like to see him step up in the biggest games
- 'I am sorry': Dak Prescott apologizes for his postgame comments after Cowboys loss to 49erson January 19, 2022 at 4:23 am
Prescott seemingly approved of Cowboys fans hurling trash and bottles at the referees as they left the field following the game.
- Broncos' Paton begins part II of head coach interview schedule with Cowboys' Quinn, Mooreon January 19, 2022 at 12:08 am
Then it's a trip east to meet with the Pats' Mayo and Philly's Gannon before swinging back to interview the Rams' O'Connell, Bengals' Callahan, KC's Bieniemy.
- North meets South in inaugural Texas Showdown boys junior golf tournamenton January 18, 2022 at 11:27 pm
The Ryder Cup style tournament will run Feb. 5 and 6, from Texas Rangers Golf Club.
- DeSoto girls basketball lands 7(!) McDonald's All-American nominationson January 18, 2022 at 8:28 pm
Ayanna Thompson, Tionna Herron, Sa'Myah Smith, Amina Muhammad, Jiya Perry, Michayla Gatewood and Ja'Mia Harris were the team's nominees.
- Texas' transgender sports law goes into effect Jan. 18on January 18, 2022 at 5:50 pm
The law requires transgender student-athletes to play on sports teams based on the sex assigned at or near their birth.
- 'Cool Runnings' return? | Jamaican 4-man bobsled team gets final Olympic spoton January 18, 2022 at 3:13 pm
The tropical country is fielding Olympic athletes in three bobsled events this year, including the new women's monobob event.
- Tickets for Winter Olympics won't be sold to general publicon January 18, 2022 at 2:42 am
Monday’s announcement confirmed expectations that the upcoming Winter Games would have few onlookers at the venues.
- Cowboys Hash Marks: Dallas drives a spike through fans' heartson January 17, 2022 at 9:22 pm
After a promising season, the Dallas Cowboys once again fell flat in the most frustrating ways under the withering lights of playoff football.
- Better times: 50 years ago today, the Cowboys came home with their first Super Bowlon January 17, 2022 at 9:12 pm
Dallas beat the Miami Dolphins 24-3 in Super Bowl VI in New Orleans. It was a good time to be a Cowboys fan.