This is a Dallas sports news feed from WFAA Channel 8 covering news from the Mavericks, Stars, Rangers, Legends, Wranglers, Cowboys and other local sports teams.
- Friday Night Football: Cedar Hill vs DeSotoon October 16, 2021 at 3:44 am
The Battle for Belt Line is upon us.
- Texas transgender student-athletes bill passes Texas Senate, headed back to House with amendmenton October 16, 2021 at 3:13 am
In past sessions, the bill has always died in the House.
- Cowboys 100: Facts and stats for Week 6 matchup versus Patriotson October 15, 2021 at 10:34 pm
The Dallas Cowboys won the first seven games played all-time against New England but the Patriots have stormed back with six wins in a row since 1999.
- First ever football game at Globe Life Field to be between Duncanville and Cedar Hillon October 15, 2021 at 10:32 pm
Friday night lights will be on at the home of the Texas Rangers next week for high school football action.
- Keys to victory: How Cowboys can beat Patriots for first time since 1996on October 15, 2021 at 5:07 pm
The New England Patriots aren’t the Tom Brady team of old but they offer a challenge to the streaking Dallas Cowboys in a Week 6 matchup from Foxborough
- Friday Night Football 2021on October 15, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Football is back! We have an amazing season lined up full of top matchups and rivalries.
- MLB playoffs: Dodgers move past Giants with controversial ending; who has edge in Red Sox-Astros?on October 15, 2021 at 3:25 pm
And then there were four. The Dodgers advanced in a thrilling NLDS Game 5 over the Giants. L.A. now takes on the Braves while the Red Sox and Astros face off.
- Cowboys OC Kellen Moore holds Bill Belichick’s methods in high regardon October 15, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Offensive coordinator Kellen Moore is set for a tough task as the Dallas Cowboys prepare for a stiff New England defense led by vaunted coach Bill Belichick
- Who has the edge in Dodgers-Giants finale?on October 14, 2021 at 10:43 pm
The Dodgers and Giants face off Thursday night in Game 5 to decide who moves on to the National League Championship Series.
- NFL Week 6 Predictions: Broncos to take advantage of Raiders turmoil; can Cardinals get to 6-0?on October 14, 2021 at 8:36 pm
We're previewing and predicting the outcome of every Week 6.
- Cowboys’ DE Randy Gregory is grasping the 'why' in 2021on October 14, 2021 at 7:52 pm
Finally healthy and available to play, Randy Gregory is enjoying success while becoming more and more aware of his role on the defensive line.
- Cowboys’ RB Ezekiel Elliott anticipates Patriots working to stop the runon October 14, 2021 at 4:47 pm
The Dallas Cowboys are second in the NFL in rushing yards per game which puts a target on Ezekiel Elliott’s back for the Week 6 matchup against New England
- With Terence Steele stepping up, Cowboys benefiting from depth at tackleon October 14, 2021 at 12:29 pm
After a season ravaged by injury along the offensive line, the Dallas Cowboys have enjoyed improved depth so far in 2021
- NHL Power Rankings: Lightning, Avalanche lead way at start of seasonon October 13, 2021 at 11:10 pm
Check out our preseason NHL Power Rankings as voted on by local team experts and see where we have your team ranked to start the year.
- What is the best HS football rivalry in North Texas?on October 13, 2021 at 1:34 pm
Our research and conversation landed us on a 113-year-old rivalry -- Ennis vs. Waxahachie
- What we learned: Cowboys look like contenders with kinks to iron outon October 13, 2021 at 1:29 pm
The Dallas Cowboys remained undefeated at home (3-0) and in the NFC East (2-0) but they have yet to play a clean game which gives them room for improvement
- NFL Week 6 Power Rankings: Bills remain 1; undefeated Cardinals hop Bucs; Saints biggest riserson October 12, 2021 at 6:05 pm
The Cardinals are the only undefeated team left in the NFL. They move up, but still can't get the top spot after the Bills had a convincing win over the Chiefs.
- Have the 2021 Cowboys rolled the clock back to the 1990s?on October 12, 2021 at 4:21 pm
At 4-1 and atop the NFC East, the Dallas Cowboys are partying like it’s the 1990s, but there’s still much to accomplish to match those legendary squads of the past.
- Cowboys' Mike McCarthy: They aren't 50-50 balls against CB Trevon Diggson October 12, 2021 at 1:31 pm
The Dallas Cowboys are 4-1 and a big reason for the early-season success has been an improved defense led by the NFL’s interception leader Trevon Diggs
- NFL considering 3 German cities to host regular-season gameon October 12, 2021 at 12:58 pm
The NFL has played 29 regular-season games in London since 2007.