This is a Dallas sports news feed from WFAA Channel 8 covering news from the Mavericks, Stars, Rangers, Legends, Wranglers, Cowboys and other local sports teams.
- US competes in men's team gymnastics final. Here's how they did.on July 26, 2021 at 4:02 pm
The U.S. men, led by Brody Malone and three-time Olympian Sam Mikulak, were seeking their first gymnastics team medal since 2008.
- Oxnard notes: 5 takeaways from Sunday’s action at Cowboys campon July 26, 2021 at 3:27 pm
The Dallas Cowboys have concluded their first weekend of practices in California, with the coaches and staff digging in on evaluating the roster.
- Pink offers to pay fine for Norway beach handball team, protesting 'sexist' uniform ruleon July 26, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Norway's women's beach handball team was fined after players at a European competition chose to wear elastic shorts instead of bikini bottoms.
- University of Texas, Oklahoma not renewing Big 12 media rights, taking first step to possibly join SECon July 26, 2021 at 2:58 pm
It will be up to the university presidents of the 14 schools in the SEC to vote on whether to admit Texas and OU.
- Fort Worth's Vincent Hancock wins gold, helps give Americans a skeet sweep at Tokyo Gameson July 26, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Hancock is the first skeet shooter to win three golds and set an Olympic record by hitting 59 of 60 targets.
- Ledecky tops heats in Olympic debut of women's 1,500 freeon July 26, 2021 at 1:04 pm
Katie Ledecky's time of 15 minutes, 35.35 seconds was the eighth-fastest ever in the metric mile.
- EXPLAINER: How the Russians caught the U.S. in gymnasticson July 26, 2021 at 9:54 am
The two teams will square off for gold in the team finals, where the U.S. will be going for its third straight Olympic title.
- How cold are Olympic pools? Other swimming-related questions answeredon July 26, 2021 at 7:18 am
The rules of most competitive water sports are decided by FINA, an international federation based in Switzerland.
- Why does one volleyball player wear a different color jersey?on July 26, 2021 at 5:57 am
The International Volleyball Federation introduced the libero in 1996.
- Tokyo Rewind, July 25: Ledecky gets silver in key showdown, US women behind ROC in gymnasticson July 26, 2021 at 3:47 am
The U.S. men's basketball team saw its 25-game winning streak come to an end and the U.S. won its very first women's taekwondo gold.
- Australian coach has reaction you have to see after Titmus beats Ledeckyon July 26, 2021 at 3:31 am
Ariarne Titmus won gold in the 400-meter freestyle in Tokyo by two-thirds of a second. Coach Dean Boxall was pumped.
- Big 12 officials meet with UT, OU presidents amid reports of leaving for SECon July 26, 2021 at 3:29 am
"The meeting was cordial ... [committee] expressed a willingness to discuss proposals that would strengthen the Conference and be mutually beneficial to OU and UT."
- US men win gold in 100m freestyle relayon July 26, 2021 at 3:24 am
The U.S. won in 3 minutes, 08.97 seconds, the third-fastest relay in history.
- Ledecky wins silver behind Australia's Titmus in women's 400m freestyleon July 26, 2021 at 3:08 am
No one else was even close.
- Why do Olympic swimmers do that? Explaining some pre-race ritualson July 26, 2021 at 2:18 am
Why do swimmers slap themselves before a race? Why do they wear winter coats? Why do they wear headphones? Here are answers to common Olympic questions.
- Oksana Chusovitina, 46-year-old gymnast, ends historic careeron July 26, 2021 at 2:11 am
The 46-year-old from Uzbekistan did not qualify for the gymnastics final at her record eighth Olympics.
- Tokyo Preview, July 26: US swimmers Murphy, King to race for goldon July 26, 2021 at 1:32 am
Key events happening on Monday include the men's gymnastics all-around final, women's triathlon and US swimmers Ryan Murphy and Lilly King are eyeing gold.
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifyingon July 26, 2021 at 1:27 am
It is the first time the Americans have failed to lead at the end of any major event in more than a decade.
- Which US gymnasts were victims of the 2-per-country rule?on July 26, 2021 at 1:22 am
The top 24 qualifying gymnasts go to the individual all-around, but there is a rule that prevents one single country from dominating the field.
- Why do Team USA gymnasts wear different color leotards?on July 25, 2021 at 11:57 pm
Some members of the U.S. women's gymnastics team wore red leotards, some blue, and it all depends on what events they're in.